Here’s a few pictures of the prototype projectiles. I want to find a good balance between mass, speed, and accuracy. So far the nerf dart is the best, but I have yet to test the lighter 3d printed darts (smaller wall thickness).
This week I worked towards getting readings from the accelerometer, as it turned out we hadn’t been getting actual readings before. I also have started working towards getting the accelerometer to control a motor, but not much progress has been made so far.
This week I have mostly finished the AI that can pick the single best move out of any list of seven. My next bit of work I have to do is fix a problem with my current AI. The problem is the AI cant pick the best in the case of a tie and tries to pick every instance of the tie.
This week was slightly more eventful than the previous and progress was made.
I started this shortened week trying to figure out how to interface the servo motor with the rest of the bot, though we switched around our roles before I started modeling any parts. Now Evan has taken on that task along with 3d modeling as a whole. This includes working with some errors made in my previous renderings, mainly the motor mount being too small.
Since then I’ve spent my time setting up our motor and motor controller and trying to get them to work.
My current issue is getting the motor to run with the motor controller. For a reason yet to be determined, I haven’t been able to get it to do so. The provided documentation helped initially but hasn’t with this. Though it should be taken care of in the coming week, with the encoder next on the table.
This week jacob and I figured out How to wire the motor driver and we did a test code on it
This week we have continued prototyping different aspects of our project. I have completed the 3D drawing of the board which will be cut twice and glued with spacers in between each row to leave room for the chips. The wood for th board is mostly ready to be cut, it only needs to be cut to size and the have the holes cut also. My next step will be to design legs and the spacers for between each side of the board.
This week I researched the accelerometer. I also wired it, coded it to give readings, and started wiring/coding for the accelerometer to control a motor.