In the previous week of Dover Robotics my goal was to create a code on the Arduino Program to control the direction of rotation of a electric motor. The purpose of this creation was to develop a understanding of how an H-Bridge circuit works. I plan on taking this circuit and coding to a higher step this week and applying it to a RC car. My goal this week is to complete as much of the hardware aspect of the car and to complete the coding on Arduino to get it to run how I want, and possibly begin developing a steering mechanism system.
Never thought I could ever be so productive. In one week we were able to go over the “for” and “while” loops as well as how to use exponential functions. When a wall was finally hit we were taught how to trouble shoot with the “Serial” commands. The ending result for the walking sequence was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. The loops I originally had consisted of “whiles” ,”fors”, “ifs”, they were everywhere. The exponential counting definitely made our lives a lot easier, and will be a well remembered function. Although the Walking Cycle was completed the progress, however, didn’t end there. Right before the weekend started, I was able to get a small motor ready for the next experiment. Hopefully week three can be and will be just as productive. Continue reading Week Two_TM
In this one week I was able to create a working “Space Ship Interface” and successfully turn it into a working traffic light. The hardware was simple, simple LED’s and resistors a long with a few wires, and the software, just a simple loop of setting three pins from LOW to HIGH to turn them off and on is simple enough to understand at this stage in the course.
YAY!!!!!! FAULTY BUTTONS!!!!
Whether it be more water or more mix it has become apparent that a perfect pancake batter simply cannot exist. With plans to show up at a robotics competition, our school’s hosting, and show the pancake printer off, Casey and I relentlessly attempted to find a batter that possessed the ideal consistency. Along with that, we needed a more suitable batter delivery system.
So that is what’s currently destroying me. The architecture of the thing. It’s pretty big and the dimensions and compensating for the thickness… Really it just comes down to the fact that I’ve never really done something like this before so it’s proving to be quite difficult. the plan is just to ‘build’ a drawing piece by piece to help me make sense of the whole thing.
Boy, it’s good to be back, even though I am a marking period late and I didn’t really plan to be here. That’s all good though because it’s just as great as I remember it. Robotics is a good bit harder than electronics was there is a whole lot of arduino language I needed to learn and relearn. I also have Psychology this semester and I have really enjoyed it. I get along well with the teacher and working with the mice was a lot of fun, but I had wanted to do more with them than run a silly maze.
This brings me to my project, though I did help on the pancake printer a tiny itsy bit. I am working a rat testing maze. My Psych teacher put in to get rats next year since they are cleaner and smarter than mice so they can do a good bit more than a simple maze. They will have to activate buttons and switches on their own. I plan to test it with my own rats that I recently got with new valid excuses of science.
So far I’m getting close to halfway done with the program. The control panel screen is completely set to give some nice flavor text as well as timing the rat so the tester doesn’t have to. I also have the servo for the doors to work. I just need to organize what I’ve been learning into functions.
Sorry for the length I just needed to play catch-up for a bit. And maybe next time I’ll get my own category.
This week we worked on neatening the printer up and had the great pleasure of meeting Mr. Donald Dagen of Thaddeus Stephens School of technology
Yesterday I was able to hook up a dc motor and code it with a button that would turn it off using digital write. It took a few tries between recoding it and rewiring it but I did get it done. After Mr. Bahn checked it off he had me start working on the same thing but instead of using digital write I used analog write so that when I pressed the button I’d would make the motor go in between two different rates of motion instead of either just being on or just being off. i am currently working on a way to implement a knob or dial to change the rate of which the motor spins.
I’m making a traffic light with a crosswalk button. I am currently coding a continuous loop for the traffic light and a crosswalk button to intertwine with it so that the traffic light will always be on a cycle and you can press a button to automatically change the light color from green to yellow to red then after a short delay it will go back to green and continue its cycle until the button is pressed again.
The traffic light is the beginning project for our class as it will teach us a little bit of what we need to know about working with Arduinos. So far, I have the traffic light working and operational except for the tricky button that doesn’t seem to want to do what i tell it to. Continue reading Traffic Light Testing