The Pancake Printer needed a custom wood part, so we went to the CNC router. Here it is…
This week, my partner having nearly completed the “zero” function, I took to more of the hardware side of things. In order for “zero”, our last big function, to work a limit switch is mounted to each axis (Y and X). the program will then utilize the switches by sending the header towards its axis’ limit switch till it presses the switch. As the switch is pressed a high signal is sent to pin 1 and the program sends the header back out to the middle of the skillet, Following this action a similar process will take place to move the skillet to a set zero point. Attaching the switch was a feat in itself as its position was perpendicular to the metal it was to be mounted to. I fashioned a part made of some scrap steel that i cleaned up. To mount the switch two holes were drilled for the switch to attach to the metal piece, and two, one for each screw, to attach the metal to the metal frame of the y axis.
to follow up on the U/I, user interface , the new ‘LCD backpack’ unit arrived earlier this week and was promptly installed. The U/I is now fully functional and directly controls the printer.
This week was a back and forth process but in the end I believe that we have made progress. Right away on Monday while my partner worked on getting the LCD display to work properly with the potentiometers I finished Continue reading Three steps forward, one step backward
Shout Out to our friend Kyle, thanks for bringing us in pancake mix, it’ll be put to good use.
Now that the header is properly functioning and we have run tests by taping a sharpie marker to the header and putting a sheet of paper on the skillet and running the program to have it draw on the paper.
Now for the “ink”
Thursday we reached our main goal and reached the biggest Mile Stone yet in our development. It Works!!!
We were in need of a prototype that moves in a certain motion that is needed for the deer. We then developed a small contraption out of small spindles of wood that holds a movable part that moves with a servo. Continue reading Prototyping Progress
Coding for the servos was not going well as we started to run into many problems. The certain codes we used didn’t do what we wanted. Continue reading Crazy Functions
This is an exciting time to be part of the deer team. We have made great strides once i got the Xbees to “talk” to each other. Continue reading Wired With No Wires
Another week has gone by and a tremendous amount of progress has been made. More ideas and designs have been recorded and we are currently working on making the design a reality. By mid week we really wanted to test it to see if it is working properly. We used different made up variables just for testing reasons and worked out all the numbers in an excel sheet to see what number we should begetting once we ran the program. Sorry for the sideways pictures… Continue reading Progress, Goals, and more Progress
For a while, Gavyn and I were working on a way to get debouncing to work because the buttons would register twice. It was taking very long and absolutely nothing was working. Continue reading Debouncing Disaster