This week I finished up soldering the screw terminals, and I soldered wires for the servo motor and one stepper motor. I also drilled a hole in the box and mounted the button. Hopefully the new layout will be finished soon. However, I did face a setback this week due to the Raspberry Pi’s heating issue.
The Pi has now begun overheating to the point where it doesn’t function properly. Normally they should run at less than 40 degrees Celsius, but the without the fan it can surpass 100 degrees. Even with it, temperatures still typically reach 70 degrees or more, so unfortunately, I will need a new Raspberry Pi. Mr. Bahn and I believe this issue was caused by a short circuit somewhere while setting up the rotary switch, so I’ll have to be especially careful this time.