Lock Pick Week 02

This week was slightly more eventful than the previous and progress was made.

I started this shortened week trying to figure out how to interface the servo motor with the rest of the bot, though we switched around our roles before I started modeling any parts. Now Evan has taken on that task along with 3d modeling as a whole. This includes working with some errors made in my previous renderings, mainly the motor mount being too small.

Since then I’ve spent my time setting up our motor and motor controller and trying to get them to work.

Specifically this motor and this controller, both of which arrived Wednesday.

My current issue is getting the motor to run with the motor controller. For a reason yet to be determined, I haven’t been able to get it to do so. The provided documentation helped initially but hasn’t with this. Though it should be taken care of in the coming week, with the encoder next on the table.

The current hardware configuration.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *